Size & Fit
Please see our size charts below. Looking for something you haven't found here? Email us at email@example.com and we'll do our best to help or even add to this page if necessary.
- Alpha Button-Down Sizing Guide
- Note About Size 18 and 20
- Customizing Your Shirt with the Box Pleat
- Spread Collar Holiday Shirt Sizing Guide
- Alpha Jacket Sizing Guide
- Funderwear Sizing Guide
Button-Up Sizing Guide
Fit is incredibly personal - some like their shirts to fit snugly around their body while others prefer to wear them looser. We've provided a number of fit charts below to help you find your fit. Note that there are some variations in the way different fabrics will hang on your body, and some shirts will fit more snugly than others. We recommend always sizing up in flannel.
NEW - we've added a bust-waist-hip circumference measurement chart below. If you're at the top 1 - 1.5 inches of the bust range, you will likely have to release the box pleat.
Below are the flatlay measurement charts for our Alpha shirts. We have shown our measurements taken from lying the garment flat and measuring in inches. We recommend grabbing a shirt you own in similar fabric and comparing!
In between sizes? Go for the smaller one - there’s a pleat in the back of every PDL shirt that you can remove with a seam ripper - this will give an extra 1½ inches to prevent button-gape.
Note about sizes 18 and 20: We have released our NEW 18 and 20. When purchasing these sizes, please check the item description for whether they are "new" or "old" sizes.
If you were a size 20 in the old sizes, you are likely a size 18 in the new sizes. If you found the old 20 too small, give the new 20 a try!
All PDL Alpha fit shirts have the following features:
- Gently tailored and relaxed fit
- Button-down collar, allowing you to easily slide a tie or jewelry under the collar and secure it with the buttons if you like - or you could unbutton the collar and pull it out over a sweater or vest.
- Easily removable box pleat at the back for size adjustments and to fix button gape at the breast - pull out the baste stitch to increase your shirt by a half-size through the chest and torso, or sew it down if that works better for your shape.
- Double-stitched matte horn buttons
- Flat-felled seams (typically found in denim)
- Inner front pocket (outline visible from front)
Customizing Your Shirt with the Box Pleat
The box pleat at the back of every PDL shirt allows for a bit of flexibility in sizing.
Removing the Pleat for More Space in the Bust
If your shirt fits in the shoulders and arms but is a little snug through the bust, you can remove the pleat to gain an extra inch and a half in that area. Kindly note that shirts with the pleat removed are no longer eligible for exchange or refund.
To remove the pleat, you will need a seam ripper. This little tool comes with most sewing machines and sewing kits. Watch the video below to see how it's done:
Extending the Pleat to Take Your Shirt In at the Hips
If the shirt is too roomy around the hips, you can also extend the pleat to take the shirt in by 1 - 1.5inches from the waist down. This is a pretty simple sewing job if you have the skills. You'll need a sewing machine and an iron. Kindly note that all modified shirts are ineligible for return/exchange.
Watch the video below to see how it's done:
Spread Collar Holiday/Camp Shirt Sizing
This size chart applies to our "camp collar" shirts. Kindly note that these shirts have no pleat! There's a bit of extra space in the bust and hips compared to our regular Alpha fit shirts. These were designed to be worn open, but you can button 'em up too.
Here's a rough translation chart between our button-up shirt sizes and our wondrous, pocketed, Alpha Jackets. Please note that a match on these charts will mean that the button-up and the jacket will be the same size; go up a size if you'd like a looser fit!